Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten!!!!

Today was Gracie's first day of Kindergarten!
Of course, it was a little bittersweet. I was sad to see her big enough to go to Kindergarten but, so excited for her. She has developed into such a little person. She is smart, beautiful and very strong-willed. When she began preschool in the fall of 2008, she was quite shy and timid. That is pretty much gone now, she is much more confident in herself (that gives us trouble sometimes ;) ), out-spoken and opinionated. She has also has a very tender,caring heart. I see this a lot lately when we are taken care of my 9 month old nephew. I can't wait to see how she uses this attribute as a big sister.

Kindergarten Breakfast of Champions


Posing on her first day. These were all her poses. I actually had to request a "non-pose" photo. Such a goofball!


All ready to head into class... ....and after that summer growth sport, she's pretty close to the tallest in her class.


Sitting at her Table spot.





Running out happy as can be when the day was over.


10 comments:

  1. ahhh... rockin' the uniform! i did that all the way through high school! it makes picking out clothes for the day so much easier :-) glad she had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love the poses..my 1st grader
    Anna is just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! She looks great in her school uniform. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been such a special day for both of you! I love that heart on the pancake--so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! The poses are hilarious! Jenna was doing them too! I had to tell her to stop too! I love it! I hope she is enjoying school! Is she full day or half?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Jenna is enjoying school too, Marcia! She is such a doll. Grace goes full day. Today is her first full day. I'm very curious to see how she handles it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful! So exciting for her and she looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Gracie LOVES school...what a great thing. Her independence and confidence proves what great parents you guys are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm way behind on blogs these days! I hope Gracie has been enjoying school. I love all of her poses - my girls do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete