Tomorrow marks our 1 YEAR anniversary on LL’s Korean Waiting list. We are currently #8 on the list….. which we are very happy about. If you would've asked me last year at this time where I’d thought we’d be; I would have told you much closer to #1. When we got on the list, waiting time to Referral was about 12 months and waiting time from Referral to Travel Call was 3-4 months. You may or may not recall, that babies in Korea are available for international adoption at 5 months of age (referrals are given to families when babies are 5 months old). So last year at this time, babies were coming home around 8 or 9 months of age. In the past year, the wait time from Referral to Travel call has significantly increased. Referrals are still given to families at 5 months but, the wait time until travel call has increased to 7-9months. This means babies are coming at about 13 – 14 months old.
I would be lying if I didn't say at times the wait really bothers me, and the idea of missing major milestones in our son's life makes me sad, and bringing home an older baby scares me a bit. But, most of the time, I'm okay with everything. It will all work itself out. We also now have all the uncertainty about how LL’s merger is going to affect of all this. We should know more about this by the end of the month. I’m hoping for positive news and not much change to the program….let’s all pray and keep our fingers crossed.
oh, the waiting is SO hard! you're closer than ever before now... praying it won't be long now!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the waiting! If it's one thing I learned about this whole process is: It's like giving birth, you still don't have any control over it :D I hope that call comes soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you - hopefully we will hear something soon! Everything is just moving so slowly. One good thing is that we have each other for support. Our babies will be here soon.
ReplyDelete