We were invited by LL (our agency) to attend a Korean Reception this past weekend. It was a great experience for all of us. . They had Korean food, a Tae Kwon Do performance, Arts and Crafts that G loved, and games for the kids. The best part of the reception for us was meeting other families. There were families there who have already brought their children home and waiting families, like us, who are in the midst of the process. We were lucky to be introduced by our SW to a family who is at the same point in the process as us. We are looking forward to staying in touch with them and following their journey.
We finished off that great day for our family with the annual bonfire at Mom and E's. I think every year gets better and better. What could be more fun than eating, drinking and spending time with family?
Many of you asked me that night, what the timelines are looking like. I recently asked our SW if 18 months is still the general timeline and she continues to give me the same answer..."We are hoping to get a few more referrals this year". The reason she gives me this answer is there is a "waiting list" and once other families are given their referrals, we move up in the list.
Sounds like everyone had a great time at the reception. Wish we could have made it. Maybe next year...
ReplyDeleteOn the timeline, is that an 18 month estimate to referral to when you'll bring your child home? Just wondering b/c we were told 12 months to referral (although I'm starting to wondering about that...) I think we started about the same time (Aug '09).
I just saw that you started the process before we did. I guess they were telling you 18 months when you started in April/May?
ReplyDeleteWe were told 18 months from application date until you bring your child home. We haven't been given a referral timeframe (I just figured it would be around the 12 month mark). I'm also starting to wonder about that timeframe. Maybe things will pick up after the first of the year (praying and keeping fingers crossed).
ReplyDeleteOk, at least we were told the same thing. I am also hoping things pick up. It is better than it was over the summer, so that's something at least.
ReplyDeletesounds like a fun time!!! so neat to get to meet another family at the same place in the process as you guys!
ReplyDelete