Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Starting an exciting journey...

As most of our family and close friends now know, we have begun our adoption journey. We are excited and overjoyed to bring a little boy into our family. It seems so surreal. I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that after all the discussions, research, and prayers for guidance.....we are actually in the midst of "the process". So excited!!!! We will keep this updated both for our memories and to someday show our little boy the journey the three of us experienced to bring him home to us.

In other news, our sweet G had her tonsils out on May 4th. She was such a brave little girl. I was so nervous leading up to the surgery. No mother wants to see their child in pain and I was imaging her being in this excruciating pain and refusing to eat. But, her recovery was nothing like that. She had mushy food for about a week and lots of Popsicles but, is now pretty much back to her regular diet. I had heard stories of how difficult it was to watch a child come out of anesthesia. I must admit that day overall was the most difficult. She was sick and "loopy" (as the doctors call it) but, really nowhere near as bad as I expected. The nurses advised us to keep her from running, jumping and screaming for a full 14 days. She has been feeling really good and hardly complains of throat pain anymore. The hardest part has been trying to keep her from playing and screaming. I must admit I am failing at that one but, who can complain. I'm so glad she's feeling better and looking forward to day 14 when she's in the all clear.

We also are anticipating the arrival of a new cousin for Gracie in November. We are so ecstatic that Uncle M and Aunt A are expecting their first child. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment