We arrived at Eastern way earlier than we anticipated but, we had no clue our hotel was a short 10 minute cab ride away. For some reason, we thought it was more like 45 mintues away. But, we planned our route to Eastern after a 12 hour flight and no sleep for 24 hours. We will venture out later today and figure out the subway for future trips and sightseeing excursions. We were a little nervous about getting there early. We had been told by other families that there is really no waiting room if you arrive early....which is true because they are so busy at Eastern. Babies, Foster families, new adoptive parents, are constantly coming in and out. What wonderful, amazing people these Social Workers are. They are just go, go, go. Anyways, we decided to just to go in and see if they would take us early. This worked out quite nicely, they let us fill out our paperwork and then sit with a few other couples while we waited for our turn to meet our son.
When we first walked into the room, he was scared and clung to his Foster Mother. It was very clear, he has a tight bond with her. She is so loving and happy and full of life. She quickly tried to hand him off to us and kept exclaiming "Omma" (momma) and "Appa" (Dadda) but, he was having none of this and wouldn't stop crying. So, she went and pulled in his Foster Father and and to our surprise, his Foster Brother...we had no idea he had a foster brother....more on that later...we really hope to find out who his adoptive family is at some point. That little boy is going home to his family next month.
He then sat in FFather's lap, he seems more attached to him. FFather pulled out some snacks and I pulled out a toy car we had brought. After some more crying and questionable stares to us, Jackson started to calm down a bit and just looked as curiously for awhile. His Foster Mother took this opportunity to pass on some information about Jackson. She said he is very smart and loving. He likes to wake up early and is a great eater. She said he has been calling our pictures Omma and Appa and points to his Gracie's pictures. She then pulled out FOUR jammed packed albums filled with pictures of their time together. We couldn't wait to get back to the hotel and scour through them. We have looked at every sweet one. It is so clear how loved this sweet boy is and was during all the time they have been together. Words can't even begin to express the gratitude and love I feel for this family.....so amazing!!
After playing and snacking while keeping us at a distance. He started warm up and run around with his foster brother. They are really sweet together....all boy. We took this time to jump in and get close to him. You'll see from the pictures, he was feeding us his snacks (oniony Funyun type rings and baby cookies) and getting close with his toys. I also tried some Puffs and Yogurt bites we had bought but, he didn't want them. We are going to pick up some recognizable snacks for him before Friday. He was sure to keep his Foster Family in his view but, but we got some smiles, laughs out loud, and even managed to grab some quick hugs before we left.
Enjoy these pics, I know his hair is going to bring you some smiles.
Not so sure of us yet...(look at those cute spikes)
Warming up to Daddy..
feeding Mommy...
...and playing
Sat for a bit in Daddy's lap....
he loves to smile for the camera.. "Kimchi"
:)
:)
and play some more..
Our meeting was pretty short today because we had to head into our meeting with Dr. Kim, the director of ESWS. We sat in the Chaplain room with eleven other families and two Korean Adoptees. She gave us some background on Eastern and adoption to the States and Australia. She talked about the baby hospital; which we learned is currently holding 5o or so babies :( until they are placed with their Foster Families; she discussed the push for domestic adoption and why this is difficult. We then ate lunch at Eastern with the other families. We enjoyed this time. It's so neat to hear other's stories and how they were led to Korean Adoption.
We meet Jackson again on Thursday morning with his Foster Family and then on Friday morning we will pick him up. He will spend Friday and Friday night with us. We fly home mid-morning on Saturday.
Happy Mother's Day to my Amazing Mom and all the wonderful Mommies I know!
Jessica what a wonderful update and wonderful pictures!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful time and pictures, pictures, pictures. Gracie just came down and sat next to me on the couch, what a smiley, happy girl this morning. This Neena has the best family in the WORLD!!!!!! Praying for awesome days the rest of your stay, love you!!! Love, hugs, and kisses to Jackson, you and Kirk!!
ReplyDeleteGracie just looked at all the pictures with me, and we watched the video over and over!! Her present this morning is bubble gum - not sugar free she happily informed me!! We will ration carefully!! She is all smiles and sweetness!! Jackson is beautiful!! The video is the BEST!!! Look at that handsome bright eyed smile playing with his Daddy!! Loving everthing, what an adventure too!!
ReplyDeleteJessica I'm so happy for you guys! He is so sweet and so beautiful. What an amazing experience! I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures. That is so great that you she gave you so many pictures. That is priceless!
ReplyDeleteOMGosh...I'm bawling! What a wonderful story of your first meeting, awesome pictures, and an amazing video! You two look so filled with love. Jackson is absolutely gorgeous...LOVING his hair. Thank you so much for the updates...can't wait to get more. I REALLY can't wait to meet him. Love you guys! XoXo from Barteckiville
ReplyDeleteWhat a delightful looking boy. Looks like you're really having fun. Enjoy your visit and can't wait to see you all. Kirk, looks like we need a third season ticket for Da Bears.
ReplyDeleteLove, Dad and Carol
Jessica... so happy for you! He is adorable! LOVED the video :)
ReplyDeleteAshley Turner
ok. I'm bawling too...I love love his hair... Kirk looks like he takes after daddy with the hair sticking up on top;)....you guys look sooo happy... enjoy every moment we can't wait to meet your new son:)Thanks for sharing Tish
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures and the video. Jackson is a gorgeous little boy! The pics made me tear up, I am so very happy for you. I can't wait to meet him! Have a wonderful rest of the week and a safe and uneventful trip back home. Lots of love, Jen (from SJS)
ReplyDeleteWow - that's all I can say...
ReplyDeleteWow!
Oh Jessica my dear, I just HAD to look at this again as I know I will over and over and over!! What a precious treasure this blog is, what precious pictures and video! You can hear his little chuckle in there if you listen close. Smiles, and grins, and happiness overflowing!! Can't wait for more!! Can't wait for this sweet little boy to be home with his new and forever family!! Love you all so much!!
ReplyDeleteJessica! This is so beautiful! So happy for you! He looks perfect and you are going to make a wonderful life for him! Enjoy the rest of your trip, and enjoy your baby boy!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos! So happy that Jackson was in the care of such loving foster parents. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
ReplyDeleteHe is just darling! I love that hair!! And that video is adorable--I'm so glad your first meeting went so well. Enjoy your time in Seoul!
ReplyDeleteOh my!!!! We have looked at the pictures many time!!!! What a doll!!! Griffin saw him and you Jess and he couldn't stop smiling... Me too!!! We can't wait to have you all home!!!! Grace is doing Great!!!! Tears are streaming with joy and happiness for all of you!!!! Love you all and your sweet family!!! Love, the Scott's xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteJust amazing....I've been looking forward to watching the video all day! What beautiful pictures and a great video! I'm so happy for you guys! I can already tell him and Scott will be best buds:)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
I had to watch again.. my favorite is the little giggle when the funyon fell on the floor:) soo sweet...love tish
ReplyDeleteWhat precious priceless moments! You can see the love and excitement in your eyes and Kirk's! What an adorable lil boy...who seems to have some awesome charisma!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome the foster family has all those pictures for you...
The Sandoval's continue to pray for all of you and are anxiously awaiting to meet your precious bundle. Thanks so much for sharing these moments...what beautiful people you both are!
{Hugs}
How wonderful!! Jackson is so cute! I just love his hair. :) Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful post! Jackson is simply too cute for words!! I do love his hair. :)
ReplyDeleteokay, i'm finally catching up and just have to say YAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO! he is a cutie! congratulations!!!!!
ReplyDelete