Friday, August 28, 2009

Some thoughts on Expanding our Family

I don't know what it is that has made me so ansy lately but, I am ready for the adoption process to move along. I know we are pretty far off, as our HS has not been completed yet but, I'm ready for a next step . I'm guessing this is because I am truly amazed at all the blogs and information out there pertaining to Korean adoption. The past few nights, I have not stopped reading and following other family's journeys through the process. There is so much to look forward to. However, I feel there is so much more information I need to prepare myself with.....what we as a family can expect, what this precious little boy will be feeling when his world is turned upside down, how to help our little G understand what is happening, and help our friends and family feel the same excitement we do. I know I'm probably jumping the gun on all this but, that's what I do. :) Our in-person Parent adoption training is scheduled for November. I think this might help us answer some questions and knowing that it will give us the opportunity to meet other families who are at the same point in the process as us is exciting. For now my personal next step is to start learning more about Korea and the Korean culture.

2 comments:

  1. Hey -- we'll be at the Nov 14 training as well. It will be great to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Dena. I look forward to meeting you too!!

    ReplyDelete