Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer, Summer, Summertime ...some more

We now know how much I love summer and the freedom it gives us to come and go as we please. We are trying to squeeze in as much as we can before school starts.....the start of school is only 14 days away. I can't believe how fast these 3 months have flown by.



Last Thursday we took the train downtown to meet KJ at his office. Grace was so excited to ride the train until ,we got on. I think we hyped it up a little too much. After we hopped on she seemed a little unsure of why there wasn't much going on....ha! She did look at the window the whole time and took everything in. But, asked many questions "Why can't we go faster?" , "Is he going to blow the horn some more?", "Do you think Jackson will love trains?", "Can we walk around?". But I guess I kind of agree with her, the trek downtown can be a little boring if you are anxious to get somewhere. I took the M*tra downtown everyday for 6 years and actually kind of miss it. I got a lot of reading and alone time in that 45 min trek.



Once we made it downtown we walked across the street to KJ's office and met him in his lobby. He took us up and "officially" checked Grace in as a visitor. She got a name badge and everything....pretty cute. We took some time to say hi, wave, smile, see where daddy sits and then she was ready to move on to Americ*n Girl Pla*ce.

Oh my goodness, she was so excited for this night. I will say I'm pretty sure KJ and I were just as excited because we knew how much she was looking forward to this night. We spent lots of time talking about how great the day was and what it was going to be like next summer when we could do fun things with Jackson. We are so looking forward to being able to share special days like this with him.


Here are some pics of our day/night. (notice the huge smile that never left her face)






8 comments:

  1. It looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Grace is just adorable! I love her smile. Looks like a fun family outing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Looks like Grace really enjoyed her day/night! My girls LOVE AGPlace! We go there annually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! What a special day for Grace. That definitely makes me wish I had a girl. I just love those American Girl dolls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, look at how happy Grace is! How cute!! The pictures are great - I especially like the one with daddy holding a pink menu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of Grace! She is really attached to her doll. I'm still in the blue toy aisle... it looks like an American Girl? Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't gotten totally into American Girl yet. I am looking forward to it though!! Looks like Grace Loved it!! Very sweet! I <3 summer too!!!

    ReplyDelete