Monday, May 17, 2010

Pouting a bit today....

So, as of right now I no longer look forward to updates from the Director of Adoption at LL.....(yes I'm pouting a bit right now and may be for a few days). I'm glad they do keep us updated but, I'm getting a little burned out with the bad news.

We got an update today as to the status of EPs (Emigration Permissions) for this year. Eastern's quota for EPs will run out earlier this year than last year. This means families who receive referrals after April 1st will not be able to travel to pick up their children until after Feb 2011. So, if we receive our referral in the next few months, our son will not be able to come home for at least another year. Right now, I'm just trying to wrap my head around bringing home a toddler rather than the 10 month old baby I was thinking would come home when we started this process a year ago. I know it will all work itself out and this is not a terrible thing but, jimminy crickets....this whole process and wait is brutal sometimes.

The letter did also note that Eastern has met with Gov't officials and they are doing everything they can to address this issue. I do understand the push for domestic adoption in Korea but, I do not understand the "punishment" for not doing so. It basically seems like the Korean Gov't is punishing Eastern for not increasing domestic adoptions by not letting them send babies home to their forever families. That is really hard for me to understand. It just doesn't make sense.

2 comments:

  1. oh jessica... i'm so so sorry. this sucks. i hope something good comes out of the meetings w/gov't officials. this would be A LOT to wrap your head around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just totally sucks. When I read about this latest update on the Waiters group yesterday, it made me so mad at the govt. It makes absolutely no sense to me whatever to make the children suffer - totally ridiculous! Really, really hoping that something can be worked out in the next few months so that this situation improves.

    ReplyDelete