Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 9th, the day I was born

Happy Mother's Day to all moms and moms to be, especially my mommy and mother - in - law/ step mother - in - law. I am so lucky to have such wonderful mentors and special people in my life.

This year my birthday happened to fall on Mother's Day. It's not very often that May 9th does fall on the second Sunday of the month but, I do know it did this year and thirty (clearing throat) years ago, on the day I was born.

While thinking today about what a special day that must have been for my mom, having her first child born on mother's day, I also started thinking about what a gift being a mother is. It's the gift of being able to give unconditional love to an amazing little person. I am so blessed and thankful to God to be Gracie's Mommy and I can't wait to share this love with the little boy I know is waiting for us in Korea.

4 comments:

  1. i hope you had a super happy birthday AND mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete