This post is long overdue.... but, February was a fun month for our family and since I'm using this blog as a memory keeper (or at least trying to), I'm posting now.
The midwest was hit with a really awesome Blizzard. We are often given these warnings but, the big punches always seem to miss us. Not this time! We got two days off ofchool (and work for KJ) and had a great time. The official snow accumulation totals for the area ranged from 13-20 inches. I think we got right around 17 inches. This kind of snow can be really fun when you can take your time cleaning it up and you do not have to travel in it. Grace and I spent the first day at a Mommy/children playdate with some friends in our neighborhood. The grown ups enjoyed the chat time while the kids played both inside and out. KJ stayed home and worked during the day.
The second day we played outside together...
A couple weekends later KJ and I were lucky enough to attend the Gram*ys in LA. Wow, what a fantastic experience! KJ got the tickets through work and I'm still trying to understand how I got to go with him. Sill not really sure.. But, I did....and I LOVED it. We flew into LA on Saturday and enjoyed the afternoon walking around. That night we went out to eat at a trendy place in West Hollywood and actually saw a few reality stars and Stanley from the Office. My claim to fame. We had a great time with some of KJs co-workers that evening. Then Sunday was the big day. We slept in, got ready, and headed out for a few cocktails before the show. We were allowed to walk the red carpet but, walking the red carpet as a "civilian"...ha...is much different than as a musician. We were rushed through and shuttled in as quick as possible. But, it was still cool. We were seated in a skybox in the very center. We enjoyed the continuous concert of musicians I probably wouldn't necessarily go see. It was great and so very entertaining. We were sure to take in every moment and enjoy it to its fullest. I'm sure this is one thing we won't get the chance to do again :)
SOOOO cool you went to the Grammys!!! You look amazing, Jessica! And, the blizzard pics look like a blast.
ReplyDeleteWow! I can't believe you went to the Grammys. It sounds like an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures, great descriptions, wonderful new memories!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun!!! That is so cool that you saw the Grammy's in person. Wow - how many people can say that.
ReplyDelete