Thursday, December 2, 2010

I-600 Approval

We received our I-600 (petition to classify orphan as an immediate relative) Approval in the mail today. Wahoo!
It took 14 weeks for approval.....seemed like a very long time. I think this was because we had heard that the process was so much faster than it used to be. I guess hearing that, we were expecting a quicker turn around time.
But, that's neither here nor there...........we have approval now :)

For those of you who are still unsure of the process.... no, that does not mean we can travel or bring Jackson home any sooner. But, it does mean that all the necessary approvals on this side of the ocean are complete. Yeah!

8 comments:

  1. Yeah! That is always a huge step! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just heard the strains of the Hallelujah Chorus when I read that news! Every step is one step closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its always great to cross another item off the list - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news. It's a great feeling when you know you're one step closer to your son. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One step closer! Very exciting to receive some news. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so exciting to read:) Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! It's awesome to get those signs of progress.

    ReplyDelete