Sunday, March 14, 2010

DCFS License

We received our DCFS license in the mail on Thursday. Since it seems like our journey has been a little slow lately, this was a nice reminder that things are still moving along.

I just finished reading I Wish for you a Beautiful Life: Letters from the Korean Birth Mothers of Ae Ran Won to Their Children. Our SW recommended this book to me a number of times but, really encouraged me to read it after our last meeting. I made some comments to her about how I can't even imagine the pain a birthmother feels knowing she will give up her baby. This book is a collection of letters written by birthmothers to the children they gave up for adoption. Many of the letters explain why the mother chose adoption and the life she hopes for her child. Some of the letters give some background leading up to the decision and some even speak specifically as to why the birth mother chose International adoption over domestic adoption.

Although, some of the cultural stigmas have changed since this book was published and it was very sad; I am SO glad I read it. It was almost like I was meant to read this book at this point in time. I’ve been thinking a lot lately that if referral timeframes stay on track (which as we all know, this could change at any time) our son has already been brought into the world and is just waiting to be placed with his forever family....our family.

3 comments:

  1. woohoo! one more thing to check off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to read that book. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you ended this post!

    ReplyDelete