Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gracie home sick

Grace has been home sick the past few days. She started out with a bad cough and fever last Wednesday. She seemed to be on the mend until Saturday night when she woke up with a high fever, (it had gone away) coughing, and throwing up. I took her to the pediatrician on Monday fully expecting to be told it was just a virus and continue doing what we've been doing....(hydrating, rest and Motrin). That has happened to me many times when Grace seemed much sicker than she is now. I thought MAYBE she would give us an antibiotic. I was completely shocked when she told me Grace has pneumonia. You would never know it looking at the kid, now. Like the pediatrician said, pneumonia can be very sneaky. Great news is the high dose of antibiotics has made her feel so much better already. She's bouncing off the walls today and is very stir crazy.

Needless to say, being stuck at home for days in the middle of winter can get old real fast. But, we're doing our best to keep busy...

We have played numerous board games. These are Grace's favs right now.



Coloring, crafts and baking are also keeping us busy.....



....and lots of doll playing.


She does tell me I'm not very good at the pretending part of this one. But , I do try. ;-)



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better. That is really going around this year! You are so blessed to have a beautiful little girl and do fun things together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    I think I met you guys at the Lifelink Korean Party (I found your blog through Patti's). Did you go to Eastern? I think I remember you mentioning that you went there...

    So sorry to hear about your daughter. Our youngest had pneumonia about 2 weeks ago. It seems to be quite the popular illness these days!

    Kara

    ReplyDelete