Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Quick Update

Once again, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving here at our house with family. K cooked a yummy turkey to go along with all the usual sides. We had 13 at our table this year and we really enjoyed ourselves. The star of the day was our new nephew little S. G was so intrigued by him. She followed M and A around and wanted to watch his every move. After dinner, a few of us played Yahtzee while the others watched a movie. It was a great day. So much to be thankful for!!!

Some goings on with the adoption..... Our referral letters were sent out right after our last meeting with our SW. We've heard from all our friends that we choose to be referrals. We are so grateful and thankful to them for filling out the questionnaire and being a part of this journey with us! Thank you!
When we last met with our SW, she mentioned that LL was expecting a few more referrals before the end of the year. I am happy to say, she was correct. Since our last meeting, I know (through emails posted on a LL message board) that a few families have been matched with their children.

It brings such a feeling of joy when I read that another family has a received a referral. I can't help but smile and even tear up thinking about the excitement they must feel....such a blessing for each family.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I know about the referrals -- it's been so exciting the last week or so. I love hearing about referrals and seeing pictures of all the new little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. referrals are super exciting!!! i'm glad your friends are getting their references done and hopefully your agency will have them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog.I've become a follower. I'm excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete